Sunday, October 4, 2009

Worst day ever...

On Friday, I had a really REALLY hard day. I have been working at KU Med Center for over a year and feel that I know my way around, know our stock, know all of the practitioners and some doctors, and I just feel comfortable there. I found out at 2:30 pm on Friday, that starting Monday, I would be working at a different office. In Independence, Missouri... :( I have looked up multiple driving routes and taking into account the traffic, it looks like about a 1 hour and 20 minute drive. I have never been to that office. I don't know any of the practitioners, doctors, stock, area, anything! I am terrified. I am worried that I won't fit in. I honestly hate change and this is huge change. I hate to admit it, but I cried quite a bit (sorry Kendell, Brandy, Mom and Dad). I may or may not let you know how my first week goes...depending on how terrible it is and if I get home before bedtime! Keep me in your thoughts and pray that I don't get shunned!

4 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

We love you so much and are praying that this situation works out for the best. :) Love, the Michels.

ClickNCamera said...

We are hoping and praying that your day will surprise you with many blessings! We love you Emily! Big hugs, Millie and Dad

Brandy said...

Emily~Please! You are liked every where you go and will not be shunned. I know that it sucks, but I also know your going to do great. Look how fast this happened. It all could change tomorrow or be a great experience. Just remember moving to KC, then Chicago, then back. If things never changed then you would never have gone to Chicago, married Josh, bought a house and so on. It is not your choice I know, but we will pray that it is God's choice for a reason. Hang in there.

Jamie said...

I totally feel your pain! I spent a year and a half working in Independence. One thing is for sure, they don't like us Johnson County gals, so keep that to yourself as much as possible! And really, the drive isn't too bad. If you are taking 435 to 470, you are going against traffic, so you can just kind of relax and coast. Good luck!