Monday, April 19, 2010

Wait for it...

Yep, pictures of my beautiful girls... playing tug-o'-war with the $18 frisbee (#2) that they got in their stocking this year.
It is finally landscaping season again. I LOVE LANDSCAPING! Well, really, I love Josh landscaping. :) Last year, if you recall, we built our beautiful garden but were too late in the season to actually plant anything in it. This year I was determined to plant some veggies and some herbs. This is step one (#16 in reality) to our garden this year. I dug up the entire "garden" last weekend which consisted of giant Little House of Horrors weeds growing out of the middle of the raised garden. After investigating, it looks like our beautiful little angel dogs had dug up all of the weed block. Stinkers. Anyway, we got back on board and dedicated some real time to getting a real garden going. We ordered some recycled rubber mulch walkways to go in between our plants. We spent all day Sunday mixing in some new potting soil, putting down new weed block, laying our mulch walkways, and planting our veggies and herbs. Next weekend, we will buy more potting soild to cover the rows of plants, add the plant food and the organic vegetable garden weed preventer (PREEN), and add more rubber mulch to the outside of the garden fence. For the time being, a large, unattractive orange fence keeps the dogs from out of the garden.

Also, for our one-year anniversary, Josh's parents bought us a tree to plant in the back yard. Well a year later, we have a spot for it. We went to Suburban Lawn and Garden this past Saturday (in between baseball games, of course) and picked out a beautiful little Dwarf Lilac tree. It is so cute! Here it is in our back yard. :)


Just a picture to show you how adorable my sweet husband is. This was tonight after practice and before dinner. I love that little hat. He was not impressed that I was taking his picture. He may have given me a gesture immediately after this picture to show you how unimpressed he was.

2 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

I'm jealous. I like landscaping too. But our lawn mower isn't even starting right now and it's really difficult for me to get out in the yard and spray the incredible overgrown weeds with a baby in my arms. Blah! Oh, and I really wanted to plant a Ledger tree for his birthday, and we haven't gotten it planted yet. Maybe a one year tree? LOL

Jamie said...

Please come help me with my garden! Yours is so pretty!