Monday, April 19, 2010

Baseball Widow

Well, it is that time of year again. Baseball season! I LOVE BASEBALL SEASON! But since I love it so much and will rarely and against my will, miss a Falcon Varsity baseball game, my blogging has suffered. I am sorry. I am sure you all have been desperately awaiting the news of my life. Well, here it is...

Many of our games have been cancelled, rescheduled, postponed, or freezing cold. We have had a few that the weather was perfect. Ideal for high school baseball. We have been playing pretty well lately but started off not-so-good. Our current record is 4-5. Below .500 which is not good. Don't tell Josh I told you our record. He will be upset. We are currently on an upswing. We have four games this week (again). Keep your fingers crossed that the rain stays north and we can get them all in!

Tuesday - @ Shawnee Mission South
Thursday - vs. Shawnee Mission West (Josh's dad's school)
Friday - vs. Olathe Northwest (make up game)
Saturday - @ Shawnee Mission North (make up game)

I haven't taken too many pictures this season. By the time I can get to the games, it is almost too dark to take pics so I have only this one to share for now. I will have more...someday when I have a nicer camera.

Coach Perkins giving the kids a talkin' to after a slight win over Leavenworth.


In other, similarly related news: it is also SOFTBALL SEASON! I do actually like softball season too. Luckily for me, Josh is still on the injured list. Unluckily for me, we still go to the tournaments. It is fun to watch and cheer them on. I love my KC Smooth. This is a shout out to Randy and Josh who are relaxing before a delayed game. Can you tell what they've been doing to pass the time? Gotta love softball season!

PS Josh is in the picture too...those are his feet right behind the bag. He can't lay on the ground and get up as quickly as these two with a broken/healing collarbone.

1 comment:

Mama Mouse said...

Go Falcons! Go Smooth! :)