Friday, August 21, 2009

Sleep Sacks

My new goal in life: make the perfect sleep sack.

You may be asking, "What in the world is a sleep sack?" Well, the answer is this:

This is a genious idea that creates a "safe" blanket for babies to sleep in. It has been shown that babies who sleep in a swaddle or with a blanket have a higher risk of SIDS (sudden infant death sydrome). The babies often wake up and find the swaddle or blanket has come lose and is over their face. Luckily, the majority of these cases, the baby is fine and the mother thinks nothing of it. However, a fantastic company called "Halo Sleep Sacks" has manufactured the sleep sack. It is basically like a sleeping bag that is attached to a tank top...a wearable sleeping bag! A Sleep Sack!
Unfortunately, for the normal folks, the company is VERY proud of their product. A simple cotton sleep sack is $25...not including shipping. WHEW!
So, being the amazing sister that I am, I am going to put my sewing skills to use. I am convinced I could make this device for much MUCH cheaper than that. So, off to Hobby Lobby I go and I will post pictures as I go (unless it turns out as a disaster...)!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Im so glad Ledger likes these because Jonas and Ronan hated them. They didn't like blankets though either. They just liked footed pajamas or those long nightgowns. I think Im the only sister that gets a big F in the sewing department. Ha Great idea. A lot of these baby companies are very proud of their products. If you get into this I will sign you up for Project Runway ;)

Mama Mouse said...

Post the pictures. I know you finished one! I am so proud of you for just doing it! :) And I'm not sure that Project Runway is the right venue to showcase your skills... but, a family blog is a good start!