Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ahh, Blueberry Buckle...

So if you recall, the Whale Watching trip that we went on in Seattle boasted this delicious "cake" called Blueberry Buckle. It may have been the deciding factor on which tour we went on. Well, it was absolutely fantastic! Seriously, I thought, "big deal, its coffee cake", but this was so much more. It was a blueberry party in your mouth! AND it was $1.25 per piece! PUNKS! Since I'm home alone today, I decided to give that Blueberry Buckle a try. I searched high and low for the perfect recipe (one with pictures, not too many ingredients, and fairly easy). After gathering the ingredients, I headed towards Jana's to bake (I'm house sitting).

Super easy to mix, but I was concerned with the consistency of the batter. It was not "creamy" at all. So I googled it and found that coffee cakes are generally a more flaky batter. So I moved on... Next I had to "carefully, fold in the blueberries". I probably broke about 1/3rd of them during this step. No big deal... I placed the yummy batter (yes, I am a batter taster) in the pan and topped it with a homemade cinnamon crumble. Looks good...so I toss it into the oven. 45 minutes later, I open up the over to an awesome smell!

The final product, after drizzling a powdered sugar, vanilla combination on top. It looks awesome! I am saving the tasting until Josh gets back from his softball tournament. Keep your fingers crossed...and wipe that drool from the corner of your mouth! :)


5 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

Have I mentioned that I love blueberries and that my birthday is next weekend? Oh... and conveniently you'll be here at my house on my birthday? Just wanted to mention it.

ClickNCamera said...

I vote with Kendell...looks yummy, Emily!

Brandy said...

If it is good then you have to blog the recipe!!! or at least email it to me!!

Unknown said...

Looks Delish!

Brandy said...

Okay! I posted for you so you have to send me the recipe!!! Fair is fair