Monday, August 10, 2009

"Recipe of the Month"

So I started a "Recipe of the Month" entry over to the right (you have to scroll down a little bit). Do not expect a change every single month, or even if I change it multiple times a month (doubthful!). I loved the Blueberry Buckle! It was DELICIOUS! However, I used wheat flour which Josh decided he was not a fan of. So, I suggest keeping the all purpose flour.

I am also making Bella and Dakota a birthday cake. Bella is turning 2 on August 15th and Dakota is turning 1 on August 15th! My girls are so big! Just as a preview as to what I will be making:

Peanut Butter Carrot Cake:

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg

Mix flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into greased 8" round cake pan and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Let cool. Puree cottage cheese in blender for icing. Decorate with more peanut butter and carrots.

4 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

Who ARE you?! LOL. I would be happy to taste-test any recipes that you need me to. :)

Brandy said...

You are awesome! Yum Yum as Jonas says.

ClickNCamera said...

I'm soooo proud of you! Great idea to have the recipe of the month....what fun!

Unknown said...

Your dogs are sooo spoiled! :)