Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

This Memorial Day weekend was a blast! Like every year (unless we make it to State in Baseball), we take a trip down to Lake Kanopolis to spend the weekend with my family. Friday night and Saturday morning were kind of chilly, but after that, the weather was awesome!



We even took the boat out!





Josh was foolish, I mean brave enough to get in the water and kick off the wakeboard season. The water was FREEZING! Literally, I could barely keep my feet in the water.



And because we ran out of things to do... we buzzed Josh's head. Yep, all of his hair is gone.



Well, almost...



Okay, now.

(Please avoid looking into my crazy eyes - I get a little punch drunk when I am allowed to shave someone's head!)



Our extended family was out there too, which always adds to the enjoyment of Lake K. This weekend, our cousins made huge hotdogs and offered one to our youngest lake goer, Ledger. He LOVES Hot Dogs. You can often hear him say, "more hot dog?" when asking for a bite.

And because, why not eat a foot long 1/2 pound hot dog with your 2 year old son?



We also got to take the paddle boat out (obviously this was Saturday morning since we are still bundled up) and even forced little Ledger to join us. He was pretty unsure of riding on there with Oma and I, but he loves being out on the water so it was okay. He settled down so much that for a few minutes, I think he actually fell asleep! :)




My mom...the comedian and the Cool Whip fanatic. Gross. But funny!


Hope you all had an awesome Memorial Day weekend. I know we did!

2 comments:

ClickNCamera said...

So glad you got that new camera! Darn on not going to state but I'm happy you got to visit with your family, that's always fun. Thanks for sharing!

Mama Mouse said...

Well, we have a lot of the same photos on our blogs... but MAN that was a fun weekend. We decided that our favorite part was being out on the boat when it was anchored. :)
Love you both!