Saturday, November 20, 2010

Challenge...Failed.

I have been miserably sick the last few days, and even lost my voice. This is no excuse. So, let me give you a breakdown of what I am most thankful for in this Thanksgiving holiday time. And I agree with Brandy, I am most thankful for God and everything that he has provided for me.

7. Fridays - Okay, so this was a comp out. But I am thankful for my weekends and my time that I can spend how I would prefer - with my family and friends.

6. Jobs - Even when we are having a horrible day and we can not wait until the time to go home, we have jobs, income, health insurance, and at least mild security. These times, we must be thankful for our jobs and being able to provide for our families and still being able to live the life we want.

5. Sports - yeah, I know. However, sports are a huge part of my life and my relationship with my husband. If I did not love football and baseball so much, I doubt we would have ever survived. In the same sense, I think that if I had not loved sports so much, I could have gotten in a lot of trouble in high school...God knows I tested my limits.

4. Health - though currently, I cannot hardly speak and my head feels like a giant pimple waiting to be popped, I am in good health. I have family who are battling sickness everyday and I can only hope and pray that they get better.

3. Friends - I would have died without my friends. Growing up, in high school, and in college, my friends have always been there for me. I wouldn't have lasted a minute in high school without Angie. Really, I would have been masacred. She knows what I'm talking about. Today my egg basket is full and remains complete with my friends in it!

2. Family - Besides the relationship I have with my husband, my family is by far the most important thing in my life. Though my family would be classified as dysfunctional becuase my parents are divorced, I could not have wished for a better family. With this divorce came two extra parents, two extra siblings, and loads of extended family.

1. Josh - well, what can I say? He is my best friend and my constant entertainer. I feel lucky and blessed everyday that I found him and convinced him to be my lifelong partner!

1 comment:

ClickNCamera said...

That's my girl... complete your "Seven Days of Thankfulness" now and the job is done! We need to discuss the "dysfunctional" family item #2 - I like to think of it as a modern "blended" family with a few "functionally challenged" people! (But I married in and have my own baggage :) LOL!)
Your dad says... "dysfunction-this"!
All our love, Millie and Dad