Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Maui Day 5

Day 5 - Road to Hana

Today was an awesome day! I had been dreading this day since we started planning the trip. This "road" is one of the most windy and narrow roads in history. No really. I am pretty sure there's some kind of study to prove this fact. And for those of you who know me, know that I get car sick. It all started in the Pocono mountains of Pennsylvania...

Anyway, this road may be windy and narrow, it is gorgeous! And there are hidden waterfalls along the way. Our guidebooks gave specific stops and mile markers to look for in order to pull over and hike back through the forest to find spectacular views and waterfall pools to swim in. I, however, did not swim. I'm a pansy. And it was COLD water. Thank you Kendell for pointing this out.





1 comment:

Brandy said...

It is beautiful! So glad you found some waterfalls.