Saturday, June 19, 2010

Date Night

Friday was date night. A monthly tradition that "Josh loves". Yep, that was my attempt at airquotes. It was my turn to plan so we went to dinner at Jack Stack BBQ and then on to Putt Putt. A funny story occurred when we went out to dinner... It was totally blogworthy. We ordered our meals from our waiter but the manager was the one who brought it out. When he approached our table, he begin placing our meals in front of us and said, "I assume the large BBQ plate is for the gentleman...?" And then awkwardness ensues when I say, "Actually that is mine, the salad and steak go to the gentleman." Oops. But yes, I did get a half slab of ribs, loaded baked potato, and cheesy corn. Yum. And yes, my sissy husband did get a salad, cheesy potatoes and a 10 oz steak. The steak makes him less sissy, right? :)

And PS I lost in Putt Putt. By 11 strokes. Damn. No really, I could not be more let down. We will have to play again. I cannot lose, especially by 11 strokes. Even if I was sick to my stomach and trying desperately not to hurl on the paper mache ghosts...

2 comments:

Brandy said...

What? He went to my most favorite BBQ restaurant and did not order BBQ? Oh Joshua. :) I was very jealous when you told me you were there, but I am so proud right now that you ordered all that awesome food! Im so hungry right now thinking about this. Love date nights!!! Take advantage while you can ;)

Mama Mouse said...

LOL. This sounds like me and Chris all the time. I order a steak, he orders a salad. Go figure. Love and miss you.