Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rain Out Weekend

This weekend my parents came up to see Josh's baseball team play on Friday afternoon. Unfortunately, (everyone say it together, now) it got rained out. Even more unfortunately, my parents had already left to come up. Instead, we ended up going out to dinner at my FAVORITE place! Haru's Japanese Steakhouse! I love love LOVE Japanese steakhouses! And, I always catch my shrimp! I did not take any pictures because I just completely forgot. We overate and it was glorious! Saturday we got up and ran some errands - just the typical - fix the broken garbage disposal/dishwasher kind of things. Then we went to "Date Night" at the Fork and Screen. It was pretty good...I liked Tina Fey more than Steve Carrell. I laughed out loud a couple of times. Our food was yummy! Late, but yummy! Sunday, my parents got up and headed out after our Sunday ritual at Panera. Immediately after, Josh and I headed to Lawrence to meet up with Kendell, Chris, and Ledger. We ate Mexican and got to spend some time with my big nephew! He is super cute! I am posting a video of him drinking his water and then saying, "MmmmmAhhhh"!




After lunch, we headed out to a random craft fair in downtown Lawrence. It was like a mini-River Festival. Pretty awesome, actually. We couldn't stay because we had prior engagements in Olathe, but it was fun for a little while!


Hope you all had an awesome weekend! We did! Wish we could have played some baseball on Friday, but we'll make it up! This will be a busy next 2 weeks so don't hold your breath for posts. This week we play three games and this weekend we are going to Salina for Ledger's FIRST BIRTHDAY!!! Sunday we are driving back early for a Mother's Day Celebration at our house. The next week, we have three more games! The following weekend is two things: 1)Josh's first softball tournament back after the collarbone incident and 2) Jana's Due Date! Come on Baby K!

4 comments:

Just Jana said...

Ha, ha, yes the count down is on! Any day now. Thanks for being my back-up people to transport me to the hospital. I'll let you know when Matt's gone again and you're "on call." :)

Mama Mouse said...

I'm sorry you didn't get a Friday baseball game. Geez, it has been a rainy season. I sincerely hope that my husband doesn't read this post about you going to the Japanese Steakhouse -- he will be insanely jealous. :) And man, that is one cute baby! The video is SO cute. I may have to steal it and repost on the Michelspot. ;)

ClickNCamera said...

Thanks again for a wonderful weekend...some day we will catch Coach Josh's team play! Great post. Love you guys, Millie and Dad

ClickNCamera said...

Can't wait to see Ledger chug his water live ...great video ...too cute! Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!