Thursday, September 24, 2009

Canada Trip: Day 1

Day 1: Today is Wednesday. My awesome husband woke up with me to take me to the airport. We depart out house at 4:05 am set to arrive at the airport at 4:50 am. My flight leaves at 6:10 am. so my bag must be checked by 5:10 am. We hug good-bye and I head inside. I am struggling with both bags and my carry-on so the desk lady helps me. She says, "Where are you going?" I reply with excitement,"Halifax, Nova Scotia!" She says, "Okay, let's start with your passport." WHOOPS! With all of our morning rush (and my complete stupidity the night before), I did not grab my passport. The one I just got for this specific trip. I had to have it expedited so that it would be here in time for the trip. I desperately begin searching for my cell phone to call Josh. Not in my purse. Not in my carry-on....... CAN I PLEASE USE YOUR PHONE???

"Josh, I forgot my passport"
"Are you serious?"
"Yes, I am sorry"
"Should I go get it?"
"Can't, my bags have to be checked in 15 minutes"
Nice lady behind the counter, "I can rebook you on a later flight, 2:00 pm arriving at 10:00 pm tonight in Halifax, do you want it?"
I nod, "Josh, can you come back and get me?"
"Are you serious?"
"Yes"
"F***" Click.

:( Bad start to my day. Even worse start to Josh's day. But Nicole is able to pick me up at 10 pm so that part is good. Josh came back and got me and after 45 minutes of not talking on the way home and going to his school to work out a sub for the day, he began to cool off. Not completely, but enough that the next trip to the airport, he said he loved me still...even though I have done this to him twice!

4 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

That phone conversation is so funny! That's exactly the conversation Chris and I would have if we were in that situation! SO funny.

Brandy said...

aw. Sorry, that all sucks. Jeremy would have taped my phone, wallet, passport and kids to me the night before because he knows I am known to forget one of them. Hope the rest goes great.

ClickNCamera said...

Things can only get better...it's ALL in the name Emily! Have a blast and put this behind you!

Unknown said...

Oh My, Emily!