Tuesday, August 30, 2011

3D Ultrasound

We had a doctor's appointment today to do my glucose test and also to see baby Perkins in 3D! We were very excited and anxious to see what our little girl was going to look like. The sonographer took over 50 photos and I thought I'd upload a few of our favorites. Before you get to those, our stats are as follows:

Weight gain: 15 pounds (145 lbs)
Heart Rate: 151 bpm (normal for her heartrate to alter when I lay down versus up and moving)
Estimated baby size: 2 lbs 8 oz
Estimated baby length: 14.5 inches
Estimated due date: (still) November 23rd


This first picture was as close to a smile that we could detect on the sonogram. She has her right hand up next to her face and the "blob" on the left side of her face is my placenta. Dang that placenta! It was in the way nearly the whole time!


We thought this was cute: thumbs up!


We had a hard time getting her to put her hand near her face. Please note: 4 fingers and a thumb! We are also pretty sure she has my nose!


Her mouth is open here because she was apparently sucking on the umbilical cord. Yuck? I'm not sure. But the sonographer said that there was little else to play with in there so at least she's active and searching for things to touch!


This picture is straight on. Probably one of three that we could get straight on. The little marks on the right are her reaching up towards us. She must be excited to meet us too! :)


And of course, just for proof, she has feet! We had a hard time finding her feet because the sonographer said there wasn't enough fluid around her feet. Not sure...but at least we got one good shot!



4 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

I am still so excited that I was there to see my first grandchild. She is beautiful. Got a little something in the mail today for Kinley but it is still a secret.

Mama Mouse said...

This just makes me so excited to see her in person! I can't wait!!

ClickNCamera said...

Wow, Kinley's first photo shoot (where you can really see this sweetie, that is)! It's wonderful they took so many photos giving us such a good look at this adorable baby girl! Thank you for sharing this post, keep up the good work!

Mr. Michel said...

This is amazing!! I can't wait to meet Kinley!!!!