Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Frank the Tank

If you don't watch American Pickers, shame on you. However, let me enlighten you on the wonderful world of Frankie, Mikey and Tiger Tits.

Frank and Mike are pickers, which mean they travel around the US picking through people's junk, cleaning it up, and turning a profit. They then call Danielle AKA Tiger Tits (she has leopard tattoos on her chest - Josh coined the term, I think it's very clever) to list the items, find an apraisser, or find the next pick site. It is great. It is on the History channel on Mondays.

Watch it.

Anyway, the Hot Rod show was this weekend at Bartle Hall. Normally, this would be a big YAAAWN for me, but then my amazing husband told me that Tiger Tits would be there on Friday night and Frankie would be there on Saturday! Cha-Ching!

Josh got a wisdom tooth pulled on Friday so Tiger Tits was out of the picture. (Insert sobs here) So we settled for Frankie on Saturday. The line was like super long and I was not feeling the long wait with car enthusiasts. However, being the obnoxious person that I am, I stood next to the stage and just yelled "Frank!" and he looked at me and posed. We had a moment.


Frank and Mike LOVE old lunch boxes and this adorable little girl and her father gave him their very old looking Bonanza tin lunch box. DAMN! I should've thought of that!

And then... my Dad saw his dream car. The one he sold for a mere $2500 when he was just a teen. I thought he might cry. But instead, he smiled for pictures by Millie and I. What a sport!





And because we are those people...

2 comments:

ClickNCamera said...

"Those" people are awesume! Feeding us a yummy dinner Saturday night (I won't say what it was in case you post it next) and putting up with us for the weekend and showing us a great time! Thanks for everything! We love you both, Millie and Dad

Unknown said...

Overalls, hot rods, and pickers...