Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap

Since I haven't actually posted about Thanksgiving...here you go. About 2 weeks late.

Upon arriving in Broken Arrow, OK we ate some ribs and ocra! YUM. And then went to the gun range to shoot Dad and Josh's guns. I was a little hesitant about pulling the trigger at first. Stage fright, I guess. But after a little coaxing, I did... and hit the bullseye. No really, I came really close!

For some reason, I didn't actually take any photos of the beautiful meals that were cooked that day. We started our Thanksgiving at Josh's Granny's house with all of his cousins and his parents and brother. It was a beautifully delicious and I even volunteered to bring my step-mom Millie's awesome home-made stuffing the next year. Whoops! I guess I will need to practice before then! Pressure is on!

After lunch, we headed back to my parent's house, where I again failed to get pictures...except of the homemade apple pie that I had made the night before. And of course, I had to embellish with OU letters for the upcoming game that weekend.

It had become a tradition for my dad to take my cousins to shoot off rockets and while we were there for Thanksgiving, we got to come along. There was some *minor* drama to get the rockets shot off, but we did it. And the little man? Yep, he had a blast too! We only lost one rocket. Say, Dad, did you climb the roof after we were gone?

On Saturday, we drove down to Muskogee to see my brother and Granny. We do not get to see them nearly as often as we would like, so it is a really special time when we're there. Plus, my Granny ALWAYS has a bowl of candy setting out. Just...for...me! Well, that's what I tell myself anyway. Here is my brother with the little man. His teeth were hurting so bad and we're pretty sure he was making that face because he had just made a surprise for Uncle Buddy!

He even left a little in there for Granny, but she didn't seem to notice. He is getting too big for Granny to hold him so she propped him up on the table for some help. Again, Ledger, making the embarassed-cause-I-stunk-up-the-room face.
Our Thanksgiving was awesome as usual! We always love our trip to Oklahoma and enjoy our time with family! Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving too!

1 comment:

Mama Mouse said...

Awesome! So glad you blogged this, since I didn't. :)