Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas...times four!

Let me begin by saying, I LOVE having more than one Christmas celebration! You get to see all of your family and have loads of fun!

The weekend before Christmas, we went down to Oklahoma for our Christmas there. We drove down Friday night, had Christmas with our cousins on Saturday night, had Christmas with our family Sunday morning, ate at PF Chang's and then drove home. It was a short, but long, weekend. It is always really disappointing to have to leave so early and spending eight hours in the car over the span of 2 1/2 days is exhausting! Nevertheless it was awesome!

The Sunday night that we got home from Oklahoma, Josh, Bella, Dakota, and I had our Christmas. It was wonderful! I love having stockings for the girls and I love, love, love watching Josh open a gift that he had no idea what it was. I got him a Tony Moeoki Chiefs jersey. It is sweet, if I do say so myself. He got me a portable, remote control heater. Awe-some! I am always cold so this works out really awesome! Bella and Dakota got a pheasant and a duck to chew up as well as treats and busy bones.

Tuesday before Christmas, we had our Perkins' Christmas. I am always in awe of their Christmas tree and the beautiful wrapping underneath. My mother-in-law is a Saint for taking so much time making it all look perfect! We ate delicious pot roast and "better-than-sex" cake! We opened gifts as a family with his parents and Brad and Julie. We did good this year, both in giving and receiving. We welcomed Julie into the family by teaching her what we do when people ask for a giftcard from us. We go into the store and buy the ugliest wierdest thing that we can find...and then video tape her when she opens it. She was a good sport and we all had a big laugh! Welcome to the fam Julie! :)

On Wednesday night, we packed up the car and drove to Lindsborg for Christmas weekend. We did lots of eating and game-playing which is what I love about coming home! I also got my hair cut on Thursday and got bangs. Yep, real, honest-to-God bangs. Well... really she just cut some hairs shorter on one side and I can pretend they are bangs. Baby steps, here. Anyway, our Christmas day was packed with opening gifts at my Mom's house Saturday morning with the Ledge and then driving to Salina to meet up with our ENTIRE family. Seriously, it is chaos. Brandy and Tyler were the only families not there. We greatly missed them! We had a white elephant gift exchange (next year we are changing that to a dirty santa exchange) and played games. Someone broke out the Wii for some "Just Dance" competition. It was fantastic! I am officially adding it to my "I want" list. Sunday we finished off our jam packed weekend by watching the Chiefs play at Kendell's house and even got to Skype with Brandy!

We had an absolute blast and feel so lucky to have gotten to spend so much time with our family this past week. Next up? Ski Trip to Breckenridge! (and so you know, I skipped New Year's Eve on purpose...I mean, really, do people still go out???)

Pics coming later-promise.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You could have "skipped" New Years with us in Breckinridge :)

Mama Mouse said...

We were promised pictures.