Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Warriors...

This past weekend, Josh and I packed up the truck with ladders, buckets, and paint brushes. We were off to paint my parent's house in Broken Arrow, OK. It was SO hot! Like, the most hot I have ever been. My amazing husband spent two days out in the heat and idealized the perfect son-in-law (at least for this particular weekend).


Before we started painting on Saturday morning, my folks had quite the surprise. Josh and I were up on ladders just getting started, and noticed my dad armpit deep and nearly his whole head in a hole out in the yard. He was not happy. I asked if he needed help, and he said to go inside and help my step-mom. H-O-L-Y C-R-A-P! The pipes under the sink had broken and there was water everywhere! It was about 1/2" deep by the time I got in there. We spent the first couple of hours of the day, wringing out towels and trying to troubleshoot where the leak was coming from. What a day!?!

Here is a before photo of Josh and I prior to entering the unbearable heat. (yeah, my ears are real... eat your heart out Dumbo!)

The after photo? Yeah, right... I value my marriage!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Such good kids! Your ears are adorable by the way.

ClickNCamera said...

Our house looks sooo much better, (well at least from the outside)! Josh announced he wasn't for hire after this year...maybe in another 7 years Peyton will be in business...
just trying to keep it in the family ya know (lol)! Thanks again for being such a big help to us last weekend! (Nothing wrong with those ears!) Love you guys!