Monday, February 15, 2010

What a weekend...


This weekend, my parents came in to town for some family fun! My sister and her husband and their baby came. We decided on Friday to go to Snow Creek in Weston, MO for some skiing/boarding. It is pretty small, but the weather was perfect which makes a world of difference! Little Ledger came too, but he stayed in the lodge and we all took turns watching him.


This was my turn. It just so happens that during this photo, Josh is currently out on the terrain park. Most likely at this point, he is already huddled on the ground wincing in pain. Josh took a jump and landed it wrong. He must have been 15 feet in the air (okay, probably more like 6 feet)! Nevertheless, Josh got to ride in the tobaggan. We took him to the ER in Olathe and found out that he fractured his clavicle (collar bone) in 2 places. The major fracture is pretty bad. So bad, in fact, that we have a consultation with an orthopedic doctor this week to see what our options are... :(


He did get spoiled afterwards. We had lasagna that night, Mi Ranchito for lunch the next day, and crab legs for dinner on Saturday! Yep, you heard me right. Crab Legs. I am awesome! Okay, so maybe crab legs are pretty easy to make. So what. I still made them and had people over to help eat them! We had about 10 pounds of "clusters" and all but 2 clusters were eaten. It was delicious! And Josh even cracked his own legs! What a man!

I had to post a picture, just so all 3 of you who read my blog would know that I wasn't lying! :)

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Wow. That was a weekend. Hope Josh does not need surgery and recovers fast and enjoys his pain meds. I think once you ski Colorado you can't go backwards. lol We are only a couple hours from Whistler if you want to get some awesome skiing in before we leave summer 11'. Love that you got him some crabs. (that does not sound right) Just remember I have pictures of you eating crabs out here too!!! You were a champ. Love you. Give our best to Josh.

Mama Mouse said...

I nearly called my post "What a Weekend" too! LOL. It was a really eventful weekend. We enjoyed ourselves and Ledger misses his aunt Emily and uncle Josh.