Thursday, December 24, 2009

Strep Throat = Not fun


Well, Tuesday at work in the afternoon, my throat started killing me. I had achy neck, shooting pains behind my ears, hurt to swallow, headache, and it sounded to me like I was underwater. It was horrible. So I left a little bit early and went to the Urgent Care clinic. Yep, strep throat. And by the way, have you ever been tested of strep throat before? Who in the heck invented that?
"Hi my throat hurts"
"Let me shove this long prickly swab down your throat"
"I have a bad gag reflex"
"Just close your eyes"

WHAT???
#1 - Who would possibly think that a sort painful throat would benefit from being stabbed with a long prickly swab thingy? (Yes, I do understand they have to test it...)
#2 - "Just close my eyes" Who knew that would make my gag reflex improve? Well, she lied. It did not. If anything it made it worse. I nearly puked. I sort of wish I had because that would teach her to tell someone to "just close your eyes". Idiot.
#3 - I am admitting that I have a very small pain tolerance. Shh, don't tell Josh. But strep throat SUCKS! I had to stay home on Wednesday (darn), choke down some monster antiobiotics, and still feel like crap today!
And, since I am lucky enough to be on call for Christmas Eve night into Christmas day into Saturday morning at 8 am, I hope I spread strep to all the offices I have to visit! :) (not the patients of course...they are already in a crummy mood!)

1 comment:

Mama Mouse said...

Strep throat totally sucks. I feel for you. Hope you're feeling better today and I REALLY hope you didn't get called into work. :)