Thursday, June 11, 2009

Smoky Hill River Festival

As you all know, I am a Salinan through and through. Which means I am a HUGE fan of the Smoky Hill River Festival. This is the greatest gathering of folks in central Kansas. It is technically an "art fair" but we go to sit with our family and friends, listen to some great music, and eat some delicious, very fattening food! This will be Josh's first time going and unfortunately we are expecting rain all weekend... :( We will post pictures later!
AND, somehow I got convinced to run in a 2 mile race on Saturday with my cousin. I am not a runner. I do not pretend to be. However, when your adorable little cousin calls you and says, will you run with me?, you have to say yes. It's a rule. So, Josh got roped in too!
Wish us good luck...we'll need it!

2 comments:

Brandy said...

Im so jealous!!! Jeremy said yesterday, just go. I would, but dragging 2 little boys on the plane and across river festival plus the cost. Have lots of fried pickles for me!!!!

Mama Mouse said...

Can't wait to see you guys! And I love the new look of your blog. :)