Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Years Resolution

So I am not big on New Years Resolutions for lots of reasons. 1) I RARELY stick to them for more than a week or so, and 2) I am not motivated during the year and quite frankly, January 1st doesn't help.

However, my resolution for this year is simple. Find a church.

This may sound trivial to some of you, but I have been spoiled in the past with what I deem a perfect church. I have fairly simple requirements but have a hard time finding them all in one facility. We had thought we had found it in a church here in Olathe once before. Unfortunately, the church cores and beliefs seemed to change right before our eyes. The focus had changed and therefore, the reason we started going in the beginning changed. I hated leaving. I hated not having that sense of "family" in an unfamiliar place. But it was not a choice that I made lightly. We had given it approximately 6 months to change/reconnect with us. It did not happen. So we left.

I have decided to list my criteria in case anyone has suggestions...
1. Non-Catholic Christian based
2. Close to home (within 15 minutes)
3. 1 1/2 hour MAXIMUM service time
4. Awesome worship with contemporary music
5. Wide range of ages within the congregation (children, teens, young adults, middle age, elders)
6. Bible based sermons with life applicable lessons
7. PERSONALIZED baptisms
8. Not start earlier than 10:00 am

Any ideas? :) I tried one today that is definitely a contender. Keep your fingers crossed!

7 comments:

Mama Mouse said...

Good for you! I'm not helpful, but I'm proud of you for trying to find a place that you love.

ClickNCamera said...

I know you miss not having a church, so I'm happy to hear you are looking again!

amy said...

good luck on your hunt! we have found a church/home here in florida and it has made ALL the difference in our lives. i am praying that you guys find your right "home" too!

Jamie said...

No help here, but yea God! I hope you find a church!

Brandy said...

Im glad your looking. Hope you find one you really like. We finally found one back in November and really love it. The boys, wait...Jonas really enjoys his Sunday room class too. Does not start until 10:45 and they have a coffee bar so the husband thinks it is great. lol Wishing you luck!!!!

Unknown said...

It doesn't help that your pastor announced you as Mr & Mrs John Perkins!

Alyssa H. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.